Monday, November 27, 2017

Tale-ing Fragments #2: The Old Tree



There was an old tree at the edge of the wood no one dared come near

But now and then a bird came by to whisper secrets in its ear



What secrets did they tweet in his old ears? 
Were they bringing news from afar?
Glad tidings or horrified murmurs? 
Were the birds his friends? Cursed by an old foe? 
Messengers from beyond?






This piece is a good example of going with the crafty-flow, sure I had an idea of what I want and how I wanted it to look but well – always expect the unexpected, right? 
I did not plan the branch frame, but the woodgrain backing (as much as I love how it came out – love this paper!) was just too… clean? Organised? However you’d call it is was definitely missing something. Thankfully, London was having stormy weather and with the aid of strong winds and kind trees I managed to collect the needed twigs to make the frame. 
If you can’t find the perfect frame, make it!

I’ve entered this Fragment to the Simon Says Stamp weekly Monday Challenge. This also wasn’t planned, but their theme this week is ‘Tear It Up’ – isn’t it perfect?? 


Hope you enjoy it, and if you see a raven send hello to the old tree.



12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous panel!! I love the whole design fo this, the verse is fabulous and I love the birds and frame, absolutely stunning!! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It means a lot that you stopped by ^^
      I've been following the SSS challenges for a while - so many amazing entries! - but never got around to joining one, really happy this made a a good impression ;)
      xxx

      Delete
  2. WOW! Love this so very much! Thank you for taking the time to Create and Share in the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    You have a fabulous eye for detail I love seeing such passion showing in your art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so much!! It really means a lot hearing this ^^

      Delete
  3. wow your frame is amazing. I love how you used a mix of Tim Holtz stamps to create this masterpiece, thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hope you will come and join in the fun agan...hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kath! Yes, Tim Holtz's stamps (and other products) are a bit of an obsession for me right now - it's addictive! XD
      So glad you liked the results, it really means a lot ^^
      xxx

      Delete
  4. This is such a fantastic creation! Love the beautiful background layout and colors. Great design! Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It means so much for you to stop by, so happy you liked it ^^ xx

      Delete
  5. I love when art tells a story, whether it be a story that touches our own heart or one that touches many. This is a beautiful piece and I love how you used branches to create the frame. It's beautiful! Thanks for sharing your talent with us on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge.

    Cathie ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Catherine! I hear you - I love narrative art too (clearly ;) ) and I just love it when text and image, well - talk :)
      Thanks so much for stopping by, it really means a lot xx

      Delete
  6. Beautiful work of art! Love how you framed it with the twigs. Wonderful storytelling that you've woven into this! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! It means a lot you stopped by, I had so much fun making this, so it makes me extra happy to see that people like it :) xx

      Delete