Thursday, June 25, 2020

Tale-ing Fragments #11: Expedition log, first entry

Hi everyone,

I'm so excited to share my new art book project with you! It's a work in progress, in fact, I'm only showing one page today. My plan is to share the pages as I make them, and all the process up to the finished book, I hope you'll join me on this adventure.
As you can see from the title, this project belongs to my Tale-ing Fragments series, so you can probably guess that this will be an open story with many possible readings. I only have a general idea of the narrative at the moment: the book will be built as an old journal, recording the narrator's findings in a fieldwork expedition (documentation of specimens found and so on), but will also include personal notes and mementos. Imagine finding an old torn journal, you will get some idea of the person who wrote it, but it will never be a complete story with a clear beginning or end, that's the idea here.

This is the first page in full, it's meant mainly to set the scene, so I didn't want to have too much going on in it.
You can find the making video here, I also share some of my thoughts and plans for this project.

I'm not sure if I will video every page in the book, but this is definitely going to be a series, so I'd love to hear what you think!

As always, thanks for stopping by, I hope you're all doing well and see you soon,
xx
Naama




No comments:

Post a Comment